We’ve Been There…
Let Us Be There For You
Ana Maria Villegas
- Immigration & Naturalization Law
As an accomplished immigration attorney and a third-generation immigrant from Mexico, Ms. Villegas understands both the legal and personal sides of immigration law. A fluent Spanish speaker, she was raised in the Rio Grande Valley overlooking the Mexican-American border, and every day she sees how immigration concerns affect life in the southern tip of Texas.
Ms. Villegas graduated from Texas A&M University in 2001 with a Bachelor’s of Science degree and later went on to receive a Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Texas - Pan American in 2003. Her business background gives her unique insight to aid business clients planning for their immigration needs, including employee immigration H-1B petitions.
Ms. Villegas also obtained a Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) from the University of Houston in 2006. While she was there, she was awarded the Center of Mexican American Studies Fellowship Award. She utilized her social work skills to help refugees in Houston and to help women in Costa Rica fight for equal rights and equal treatment.
Before attending law school, she attended the American University Washington College of Law’s Academy of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law Summer Program. Then in 2006, she attended DePaul University College of Law in Chicago, Illinois, and received her Juris Doctor (JD) in 2009. While in law school, Ms. Villegas focused her studies on international law, international human rights, and immigration and refugee law.
She also interned at the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR)-Chicago and participated in the Immigration and Asylum Law Clinic. Upon graduation, she started her legal career assisting domestic violence survivors in and around the Chicago area.
Ms. Villegas has always felt it was her passion and purpose in life to fight for human rights and serve others. She is dedicated to helping immigrants and families secure their status and protect their futures. She is also licensed in the State of Texas as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) and is a certified 500hr Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) by Yoga Alliance. Additionally, she’s also the only certified Jivamukti Yoga Teacher in the Rio Grande Valley.
She is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Texas Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, and a member of the Texas Bar College.
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois, 2009
- Texas A&M University
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 2001
- University of Texas
- Master of Business of Administration - 2003
- University of Houston
- Master of Social Work - 2006
- Honors: Center of Mexican American Studies Fellowship Award
- Texas, 2009
- Illinois, 2010 (voluntarily inactive)
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2017
- Law Office of Kyle D. Brown, P.C., McAllen, Texas, 2011 to 2015
- Life Span, Chicago, Illinois, 2009 to 2011
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Hidalgo County Bar Association
- Hidalgo County Women’s Bar Association
- Hidalgo County Young Lawyers Association
- Cameron County Bar Association
- Cameron County Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Licensed Masters of Social Work, Texas, 2006 (Active)